Re: Interesting tropospheric ducting this morning

On 6/11/99 8:13 PM, Kyle Stephanos (majorradiofreak@excite.com) wrote:

> Then heard some normal not so rare catches for the seacoast
> like 89.9FM Blue Hill ME, and 89.3FM Freeport ME coming in
> gangbusters!

I first noticed most of my preset stations had lots of interference this
morning.  (I drive from Barre to Boxborough MA in the morning.)

WFNX was unusually unlistenable.  WXRV fights with WWYZ around here, so
that wasn't too surprising.  But WBRU was also unlistenable.  So, going
to the noncommercial section of my presets, I tried to tune in 89.3 from
Amherst and found it coming in surprisingly well.  Well, surprise when it
was the 89.3 from Maine coming in like a local!

I used to DX lots of TV in my younger days, usually on warm summer
nights.  This is the first time I've experienced this on a clear morning,
though!

Paul