Re: A Few Observations

On Tue, 08 Jun 1999 00:17:27 -0400 SteveOrdinetz <steveord@xtdl.com>
writes:

>On a similar note, over the weekend I got to hear the latest
>incarnation of WARE. Outside of AM drive, they don't seem to even make
any pretenses of
>being anything but a jukebox.  Caught AM drive Monday...seems like
>they gotsomeone named Gary James to voice track a dozen or so generic
breaks which get dropped in every couple of songs.  They also run the
same exact
>newscast every half hour..voiced by a rather wooden-sounding announcer
>who seemed like he was doing a bad John Cameron Swayze imitation (didn't

>catch his name)...I heard it 3 times.  Interesting from a radio-geek
>standpoint, but doesn't sound like something that will attract many
listeners.
>Spot load was close to zilch.

Can't disagree with any of your assessment, Steve.  Gary James was the PD
at WARE during, I believe, the early eighties.  I worled there part time
for a while in 86-87, when Donna Halper was consulting them.  James also
worked at WMEX-1150 in Boston in the eighties, at WKNE and most recently
at WHYN.  i wonder who owns WARE now... is it James?

Rick Kelly