Raleigh's Final Show

M. Waters wrote:
>Through the thunderstorm static way down here, I could hardly make
>out what the sub host said on WBZ when the Raleigh show started at 12:05
>a.m. today (Tue, 6/8). I think he said Raleigh is taking two extra days off
>for a long weekend, then coming back for his final show (or was it shows?).
>That would mean he won't be back on until Wed. night / Thurs morning
>overnight and that might be his last program (or not). Did anyone who's
>closer to the big 50,000-watt flamethrower (always wanted to put that in a
>post; sorry) hear this clearly and can you post the news?

This morning (Tues 6/8), in Deb Lawlor's live interview with
Bob Raleigh, Wednesday at 00:00 hours begins Bob Raleigh's
final show.  Roll Tape.  Call and say goodbye.

Bob noted that he's retiring from radio  - a rare occurance
these days and despite the rumours, he's leaving of his
own free will.

Roger Kirk
rogerkirk@usa.net