Re: ENTERCOM FIRES WRKO-WEEI GM

Donna writes:

>>Glen Ordway may not last the week.

>Upton Bell predicted this several months ago, and said he doubted Entercom
>would continue to maintain such a costly format as WEEI's in its present
>form.   Is Upton our psychic friend???

Upton made a prediction last June-- and Ordway has been mocking him on-air
about it. But he predicted, if I recall correctly, that all-sports radio
would not
be in existence -- not just Ordway's show.

Ordway's act, after four years, is kind of tiring. They should put a real
sports
talk show on there in the afternoon-- anyone looking to see how it is done
right
can tune in to Mike Francesa and Chris Russo on WFAN from 1-6 p.m. every
weekday.

Sean Smyth
Sports editor, Community Newspaper Co.
9 Meriam Street