Re: Jay Severin....

- --- BUMP MARTIN <LJNF40C@prodigy.com> wrote:

> Got a chance to hear Jay Severin last night.....
>
> Does anyone have any idea how old this guy is?  He sounds a bit
> 'sophomoric'....sounds kinda young....and seems to like the sound of his
> own voice.

He's 47.

> Does anyone know anything about his prior radio talk-show experience?
> (Did I once hear him on WOR-NY?)  I guess he does some commentary for
> PMS-NBC...
>
> Also, I would surmise that he is doing the show from NY....possibly from
> his "guest-room" in his apartment.  Realllly bad acoustics...

Actually, from his house in New York state's republican hotbed,
Sag Harbor on Long Island.

He owns his own PR company -- Severin Media -- which consults
Republican canditates for political offices.
He hosted 'PM America' on WOR Talk Radio Network(brainchild of
David Bernstein, former WBZ boss) in mid 90's. He's a regular
fill-in for Bob Grant on WOR-AM.

When he was getting his masers in journalism at BU, he
went under his real name Jay Severino.