Re: Cumulus Media donates WHQO to Maine Public Radio

I agree with your comments generally, but I will take issue with a couple of
things.  Without 91.3 MPR would not have good coverage in the City of
Augusta, which is the state capitol.  The Bangor and Portland signals are
both pretty scratchy around Augusta.  Augusta is on the fringe of the 107.9
signal so that wouldn't solve the problem.  You are correct that there could
be other answers to coverage in Augusta, but why make a change?  I also think
90.5 is very much needed to fill some gaps in the midcoast area.

107.9 may help some in Farmington, but not Rangely.  You are correct that MPR
has big holes in their coverage of NW Maine.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine