Re: Interesting Radio Depatures

Chuck:

As you can see below, I never claimed to have been fired from WIDE, though I
probably deserved to be at times.  I also gave the station credit for paying
me through the end of the week when I quit, which they didn't have to do.
The memo you mentioned may have been the final straw but I quit because it
was a horrible place to work, for various reasons.  (I won't say it was the
worst place I have ever worked because there are so many contenders.)  One of
my least pleasant memories in radio was trying to decipher commercial copy at
WIDE submitted in the GM's horrible handwriting and then being forced to
recut the spot the next day because I didn't decipher his scribbles correctly.

As for the list of worse bosses that I mentioned in my last post, I wouldn't
put you in the top ten Chuck, but the GM mentioned above would probably make
the list.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine
Enjoying my first Memorial Day weekend off in 16 years

In a message dated 5/30/99 10:44:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Dib9@aol.com