Re: webcasting

Gee, I can't receive the audio file on my Commodore 64.  How many formats
are we going to need to accomodate.  Real Audio and Microsoft are the two
big fish in this game.  If enough people from Web TV or whatever other
platform you are using squeal, RA or Microsoft will accommodate you.  This
argument is right on my list after those who insist that signage in this
country be bilingual.  We have become a tower of babble.

Brian

At 03:34 AM 5/28/99 -0400, Chuckigo@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 5/28/99 3:06:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time, hmglaz@webtv.net
>writes:
>...<snip>...

>  (note:  i use "WROR" strictly as an example here)
>adding a station's programming audio stream to a web page is just a little
>plus.  no station will get credit (or any worth 'paying for' ) for
>listenership outside of the tsa via the web.  at least not as of this
>writing.  down the line, who knows.  but by then, there will surely be either
>a multi-system compatible device, or, station web pages will grow to
>accomodate the multiple feeds needed to keep everybody (RealAudio, Windows
>Media Player, etc) happy.
>Please try to keep in mind that WROR just recently got a page on the web...
>and now, even with ONLY the streaming audio for MediaPlayer, there are those
>of us feel that perhaps we've entered the 90's... (darn good thing, too...
>there're only 217 days, 21 hours, 34 minutes, 41.1 seconds... 39.8 seconds...
>35.6 seconds... left in the 90's...)
>
>chuck igo

Brian Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St.
Peabody, MA  01960-5626  USA
Sales & Service ->(800)231-8849 US & Canada
Sales & Service Fax ->(800)329-2775
Business Office -> (978)538-7575
Business Fax -> (978)538-7550

***Visit Our Web Site at www.cssinc.com***
Check out our new online webstore for cinema supplies!
CSS, Inc. is a proud member of ITEA & NSCA