RE: FM Skip (was: TV skip)

Last summer, a "window" opened to Miami and later to Missouri/Illinois.  It
is wierd to hear small town radio from a 100,000 watt FM signal from the
Ozarks while driving down I-95 in Connecticut.  My Florida skip happened
while on route 3 on the South Shore when I got WPOW (96.5) and Magic (102.7)
and some station on the Keys I had never heard of (94.3).  I did get a
couple of responses from the stations in which they were amazed.  My record
for a summer FM pull is Lake Charles, LA and the SD/Minn border (even heard
an ad for 4th of July fireworks at a place in the Dakotas.)
Whenever this has happened, it has been clear in stereo like a local.
Amazing phenomenon!  There is something about that 4th of July weekend too.
- -Dave