RE: lesser known pop hits

The three you listed as played on WBZ-FM are all reissued by a quirky record
company called Renaissance.  The label was started by a former aerospace
engineer who was also an amateur musician.
I think if he had lived in Boston in 1979, he would have loved BZ-FM.
Check out the website!!!  http://skymarshall.com/renaissance/
There are a couple of great sampler/compilations there too.  Replace your
scratchy vinyl.
- -Dave