RE: lesser known pop hits

I also like hearing a wider variety on the airwaves.  It always boggles my
mind how a song seems SO popular and then vanishes.  It is 1999 and there
are already hits "lost" from this decade that I miss hearing.
In reference to The Stompers' hit, I did something about it not getting
played anywhere.  What reamining specialty show in Boston plays hits of the
80's?  Answer:  Back to the 80's Friday Night on 98.5.  So, what can a
listener do to get a song played that fits in very nicely with the program,
but the station most likely does not even own?  You send it to the DJ
directly.  So, that song is there for listeners to request thanks to a
fellow listener and a jock who took this listener seriously as a resource
and not a "pest."
- -Dave