The Future of Radio?

Is this a "temporary" trend?

It has been an exciting week for me.  All this past week, and until further
notice, I have been doing morning drive on Greater Media's  New Classic
Soul  station in Detroit (WXDG) via ISDN from our studios on Morrisey Blvd.
(and as soon as Ma Bell connects I'll do it from home) and Mike Addams has
been doing the same with afternoon drive.  Whereas Dale Dorman is on in
Orlando from his home every morning, and Jo Jo Kincade does mornings in
Chicago from his home in Detroit.  Ed McMan does tracks for Chicago and New
York.  All at the same time we maintain our regular shifts at our home
stations.  Is this the future of the biz?  Also noticed that with Jo Jo in
Chicago, me in Detroit and Bandiero in New York, listeners seem to be
"warm" to an "afternoon drive type" approach to their mornings.....ya
know....no games, gimmicks etc. just tell me the time, weather, the score
of the game and play the hits.  What do you think?

J.J.