NERW On the Road, Saturday 6/12 - Save the Date

It's that time of the year again, when we fire up the trusty NERW-mobile
and head out on the main streets and back roads of New England.  (Wait,
that would be "Chronicle"'s catchphrase...)

In any event, your trusty editor will be back in eastern New England for
a few days next month, and what can that mean but another NERW
Get-Together?

Those of you who attended last fall's event in scenic and highly
out-of-the-way Torrington, Connecticut know how much fun NERW readers
can have when we meet face-to-face.  It's a great chance to trade
radio stories, show off radio memorabilia and cool electronic toys,
and meet new friends with a common interest.  It's also the only
chance you're likely to have to visit radio transmitter sites
with a large group of people who don't think you're weird.

All it costs you is whatever you choose to pay for lunch at our
yet-to-be-chosen dining spot.

So be sure to save the afternoon of Saturday, June 12 for our
looks like this one will happen in and around Providence, Rhode Island,
to give our equally active Massachusetts and Connecticut contingents
an opportunity to meet (and to give your editor a chance to hear all the
zillions of changes down there since my last visit :-)

I'm also trying to arrange a group tour of the new exhibit on RI
television history, though that's uncertain at the moment.

(For those of you in NH, Vermont, and Maine, never fear...if
we didn't hit your area on the NERW Northeast Road Trip a year ago,
there's a good chance we'll get back that way this fall, and we'll
try to schedule another get-together up there!)

More details will follow, but in the meantime, please drop me an
e-mail letting me know if you think you'll be able to come.  Our
group numbered over a dozen in Torrington -- can we top it in
Providence?

Oh, one more thing, as long as I have everybody's attention:

A correction to the 5/7 NERW -- it's not Charles River Broadcasting
that recently bought Hartford's WCCC; it's Marlin Broadcasting (also
best-known as a New England classical operator).  CRB has been
an all-classical group owner until now, with WCRB Waltham-Boston, WFCC
Chatham, and the new WCRI Block Island.

See you in Providence?

- -=Scott Fybush - fybush@world.std.com=-