Re: The River ...

Dave's attempt at reason:

>C'mon radio stations, toss us a bone at least once an hour and pull
one out
>that you didn't play this week.
>"Uh, sorry, that song will cause one listener to turn the station.
We can't
>have that.  Our listeners like songs and artists they are familiar
with."
>-Dave

I really feel for the talent on this list who have to field these
reasonable calls from disenheartened listeners.  Most jocks I know are
_very_ music-savvy, within at least a couple of genres or niches, if
not ecclectic.  Listeners can run, jocks can't hide!  Especially given
the dearth of opportunities to plug in the cans at a place that will
actually pay the bills.

Bill O'Neill