Re: Celebrities and Non-Profit Organizations (Was: Re: AT 40 on WBZ)

At 10:13 AM 4/22/99 PDT, Joseph Gallant wrote:

>As far as I know, only one other celebirity is head of a national
>nonprofit organization and actually spends a great deal of time
>working for that organization. He is Jerry Lewis, chairman of the
>Muscular Dystrophy Association, who (especially over the last few
>years) is very active in the organization.

There's Don Henley, who is a dedicated conservationist, and I believe the
head of the group involved with Walden Pond.  OK, not national, but he has
generated national support for that issue.  And he certainly can talk with
authority about conservation issues.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH

Larry Weil