RE: Brown Eyed Girl -- "Turn up the radio" (Was Re: Market Research)

97DJ wasn't a bad station, though it had the most pitiful signal... my
biggest recall of that station was having to try to get Mets games on it in
the miracle year of '69 (yes, that was their flagship that year!)

As for "My Ding-A-Ling," true... as a kid who had his radio locked to
Musicradio 77 for music, I never heard it until we took a trip to
Cooperstown (while it was #1 on the charts - I was age 12) and heard it on
the Thruway. I vividly recall my mom hearing it, saying how cute it was,
then as the lyrics progressed and she picked up the subject matter, getting
a very funny look on her face, then cracking up laughing when I said "Mom,
I think this song's about...."

At 02:04 PM 4/16/99 -0400, David Merrill wrote:
>Also of note from the NY Message Board, WABC never played "My Ding-A-Ling"
>despite it being #1 on competitor 97 WWDJ.  WBOS's George Taylor Morris was
>a jock on the great 97DJ.
>-Dave

Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett