Re: MARTI

In a message dated 4/13/99 8:28:05 PM EST, Dib9@aol.com writes:

> a person using the station's marti for a
>  remote was swearing over the marti between breaks and someone was
monitoring
> >  the signal and complained to the FCC.

Most MARTI signals can be heard over a basic scanner that can be purchased at
Radio Shack. Before I knew this, I had several embarassing moments when
listeners recalled exact conversations between me and a board operator that
taken place during remote broadcasts. This was in the  pre-cellular telephone
era when we gave instructions, comments and contest answers to the board ops
over the MARTI in lieu of a 2 way radio or land line.

Dave Iseman
Cape Cod, MA
(978) 307-1765