Re: A note on Star 93.7

>Paul Anderson wrote:
>I'm glad there's a unique format on 93.7.  The music the Eagle played was
>all overlap with other stations.  But much of the music I've heard in my
>limited listening to the new format is music I had hoped I'd NEVER hear
>again!  Really, disco Bee Gees songs?  Oh my...
>Or has the Lost 45s taken over the whole station?
Although I'll never listen to the station, format diversity is a Good
Thing.

        I agree. Many posts on this format change seem to be negative
mainly because the poster doesn't personally like the music in the new
format. I'm unhappy to see that people have lost their jobs, but that's
sadly typical nowadays with format changes--automatic mass executions. I
dislike air staffs being fired as a group in a format change when it's not
necessarily related to whether the individual jock can do the new format
effectively.
        But the new format, especially to the extent it includes R&B
oldies, is something relatively fresh for the market. IMOH, you have to say
that this format broadens the music selection being heard on commercial
radio in the Boston market. The general tone of the majority of posts here
over the long run is that, that sort of change is a good thing. Plus, they
played the long version of "Teach the Children" by Harold Melvin and the
Blue Notes while I was listening last weekend, so they're all right with me
<g>.