First Jock/First Remote on Star 93.7

Last night(4/3) Star 93.7 had it's first live jock appear.Just after 8PM I
went to a Kentucky Fried Chicken shop in Lowell to get some supper for
myself and a friend.In the car I tuned into 93.7,curious to find out if
Vinnie Perruzzi and his Saturday Night show had been dumped.The answer is
NO: "The Saturday Night Dance Party"(gee,doesn't that title sound
familiar???) was on,Vinnie live on location at a club called "The
Rack"(unsure where this club is,location not given the few times that I
heard Vinnie talk between songs).Musically same as Star's format,he played
Backstreet Boys,Dazz Bazd,Spinners,Weather Girls,Madonna,etc.Friday's
Boston Herald had indicated that the entire Eagle staff had been let
go.Vinnie was part of the Eagle's staff,so a slight error for the
Herald(unless Entercom stated that in info supplied to the paper)
When I went insidethe KFC shop to order my food,Star 93.7 was playing on
the radio behind the serving counter.The 3 female clerks,I'd say they were
17-20 years old,were singing along to "Let It Whip" by the Dazz Band.I
asked one of the young ladies if she liked that song,she said yes.Another
of the clerks asked her "where did this station come from,I never heard it
before",the clerk I had spoken too said "it used to be some rock station
till last week I think." She went on to state "It plays more old school
than Jammin 94.5". IMHO,it sounds to me,as someone(can't remember who at
the moment) had posted earlier,that they may take some lower end numbers
off Jammin 94.5 and Kiss 108.And as Donna Halper had posted, she had gone
into a coffee shop and heard Star 93.7 playing there,no TV spots or any
promotion of the new format.Iwould think that Vinnie's remote last night at
this club probably exposed many more people(a few hundred anyway,depending
on club's capacity).One wonders those who went there last night for a fun
evening out may have tried 93.7 on the radio on the way home from the club.
Mark Watson