The Star should be grounded

Bob writes:
>I heard Star 93.7 play "Addicted to Love" by Robert
>Palmer last night--and for a second I thought, "oh,
>it _was_ a joke--they're back to being the Eagle!"

After listening to their playlist, something tells
me they may well be just teasing the listenership
with this format. I think it's a pretty bizarre
playlist for a station. I hear a run of '80s music,
then some '90s stuff... I honestly can't tell what
they are trying to do. (I heard the Addicted to Love
song at 3 a.m.-- what a curse insomnia is-- then
about 10 a.m. again. Talk about heavy rotation!)

I'm betting that they're off the air in two months
and onto something new-- I just don't see this
"format" lasting...

As for Star's sound, it reminds me a lot of WKTU. (The
Voice of Brooklyn, as I like to call it.) And, after
the first couple of times I listened to 'KTU, it did
nothing for me.

Sean Smyth
Sports editor, Community Newspaper Company
9 Meriam Street
Lexington, Mass.    02420
Phone: (781) 674-7721
Fax: (781) 674-7735