Re: New WEGQ due Thu. at 3 pm (was: Bald in Boston)

- --- Bob Nelson <bluesradio_99@yahoo.com> wrote:

> By the way, on the WEGQ website's messageboard,
> people were saying they couldn't hear the hits of the
> 70s and 80s anywhere else if WEGQ dumped the format.
> Hint: 100.7, WZLX, comes pretty close (plus adds
> the 60s).

Like someone else pointed it out(might have been our resident
Radio Fortune teller..:), WBOS-FM will probably segue to
some kind of 70s,80s,90s pop/rock hits once it returns
to its regularly scheduled programming (I just hope their morning
show never returns. I am sorry, but those 3-4 hours
is really bad radio).

Also: "Why run R&B--that's already at
> 94.5 and 107.9!"...Well, I don't think this will be the
> same type of R&B.

Because those crossover artists appeal to the upper end
of Jamn's audience(and to some extent Kiss') which presumably
has more spendable cash than the lower end of
that age demograhic. And that's where the radio game
is being played out thesedays.

- -Mark