Re: Any Other Stations Getting "Blown-Up"?

- --- Joseph Gallant <notquite@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Although there has been much attention given by the members of this
> list to WEGQ-93.7's likely being "blown-up" within the next 24 hours,
> and a little attention given to the possibility of WNEW-FM (New
> York)'s 30-year rock format also being "blown-up" tommorow, I'm
> wondering, on the eve of the Spring quarter (which starts tommorow)
> if any members of this list know of any situations in the Northeast
> (beyond Boston) where a format might get flipped tommorow or in the
> immediate future.

Mel refuses to give up on 'NEW...for now. They just introduced
a brand new slogan : "WNEW-FM...Always rocked, always will".
The winter book, which will be released in a couple weeks,
will show them slipping a bit more. How much more can Mel take before
the plug is pulled? 'NEW-FM is already being outbilled by a good number
of NJ stations. Some say that it won't be able to bill  $10 million
if it stays with the present format.

- -Mark