Be sure to mention the call letters

        I had a rather hilarious time around 1 a.m. today (Monday
night/Tuesday morning), listening to the
not-really-good-enough-to-listen-to-here signal of WPOP running the ESPN
radio talk-show feed from St. Petersburg and discussing, of course, the
UConn men's basketball national championship victory. Within about five
minutes, the national host mentioned the call letters of WTIC (AM) radio
three or four or five times as he played back bits of the local radio
play-by-play broadcast. Then he did a long interview with Joe D'Ambrosio,
who does the UConn play-by-play for WTIC, as well as sports reporting and
sports-talk shows for WTIC, and is an ESPN show host. Meanwhile, WTIC was
running its own a special local sports-talk show that I believe went to
around 1:30 a.m. after a very long post-game wrap-up show (the game ended
around 11:30).
        Over on WFAN, they were being about as parochial as they ever get
(i.e., very). They were blabbing about the Rangers, who now are only five
games behind to get the last playoff spot in a league where approximately
27 of the 23 teams make the playoffs. IMO, WFAN should have been working
the basketball story even if UConn had nothing to do with it.