Re: blown call letters

Roger Kirk wrote:

> When I worked at WRKO, each newscast's cover
> sheet had the exact words for the intro:
>
> It's 20 minutes before _____________,
> I'm ____________  WRKO 20-20 News
>
> ----------------------
> Contest award sheets were in plastic pockets.  The jock
> filled in the Contestant's name and city/town with a
> grease pencil.  He read it on the air just as written.
>
> ------------------------
> All time-sensitive copy references were written as:
>
> Friday/Tomorrow/Today
>
> The incorrect words were crossed out and copy was
> replaced as Tomorrow and Today occurred.
>
> -----------------------
> Overkill?  Maybe, but mistakes were few and far between.
>
> Today, it can all be done by computer, if somebody's
> smart enough to program it.
>
> So how come KISS108 runs Christmas ads in January?

We are also strictly formated on what is said on each station...and I keep the
particular station's format and sponser sheets right in front of me while
doing their news.  However, to mangle a well-known quote, 'Familiarity breeds
boo-boos.'
Especially when you suddenly go brain dead, as I have been known to do when
trying to knock off the recorded casts in-between rewrites and updates.

By the way, if some of you are getting my replies twice, sorry about that.  My
provider's mail server burped a couple of times last night.

Dan Cole
WGAN...or is that WZAN...or Oldies 100.9 ?   (: