Re: DRE/LIR

'FNX trieed the same thing here
with 'Radio Anarchy' when it tilted the playlist
slightly to the left. Didn't work. Although record
labels love these kind of experiments because it allows
many new and unheard artists to be promoted,
advertisers begin to shy away almost immediately.

Speaking of 'FNX, in a press release which I got this
week, Mindich states that he's rolling out
'The FNX Radio Network' with the acquisition
of 'CDQ which will be changing calls to WPHX-FM. This
is meant to help existing 'FNX clients(advertisers) to
to target Portland-Portsmouth market. The third affiliate
<gulp!> is 101.3 serving Back Bay and South End.
WFNX's GM Andy Kingston will also oversee WPHX-FM and WSME-AM
which will remain as syndicated talker.

- -Mark