Re: Paula Street on News 4 New England

JJ:
>Is it that the Boston Radio/TV market is screwy and weird or is this a
>phenom that is effecting the industry as a whole?  But then again I
should
>wonder as I, after completing an afternoon drive slot on WROR, wander
down
>the hall to do the night 7-Mid shift at Smooth Jazz!
>I think the millenium is going to be a very exciting ride for us who
>choose(and can afford) to stay buckled in.  Just my 2¢

Me thinks the litmus test for "Waiter, check please" will be when you
get to play the _same track_ on WROR and WSJZ!  Although at 3 a.m., it
would make for a great "Are you awake?" contest....<g>  Somewhat akin to
Parenteau's former "Elevator from Hell" bit when he was at WBCN.

Sort of translates to this question (given two stations, one day, no
waiting) to "Blown Calls" anecdotes.  Not that any reader HERE has ever
done such.  If you catch someone in a gaff, at least you get a peek at
their resume.  During my (relatively brief!) fills stint at the former
WHDH, I did crack the mic on fade with the word "Wish.." and covered
with something like, "...for the return to sunshine?  Todd Gross has
some good news for you" etc.  (A sure way to blast out the 5 day
deoderant pad in four quick hours.)

Bill O'Neill