Re: WROR

On 23 Mar 99,  Bill O'Neill wrote:

> I was not under the impression that the legal calls were WROR FM
> Framingham (Boston).  Thought it was just WROR Framingham (Boston).

A couple of years ago, when WKLB and WBCS mearged, and the
WKLB calls were about to leave 105.7, they changed the calls of 1150
from WMEX to WROR in order to warehouse the calls.  When the
new format came on 105.7, the calls were WROR-FM, as the 1150
calls were still WROR.  Shortly after 1150 became Kidstar, the calls
were changed to WNFT.

So the 105.7 calls =were= officially WROR-FM.  The question is
whether they still are.

 A.Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/