Re: WMEX/WITS/WMRE

At 12:36 PM 3/22/99 -0500, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

>Which of course brings up the question just begging to be asked?  Does
>anyone care about 1510?  It's been 25 years

Funny..I remember I conversation I had back around 1970 with a
classmate....WKOX-FM had just become WVBF and he was saying that FM would
never catch on with the masses. WRKO-FM and WBCN were trying, WEEI-FM had
the canned CBS-FM sound, and at the time he had a point.

Certainly if nothing else 1510 would be a better home for WILD. When 1150
was doing urban a few months ago, it was getting an audience, as I heard it
in several shops in Cambridge. But the reality is most people under 30 are
clueless that AM even exists. Also for the most part, AM signals in Boston
reflect the city of 30-35 years ago, when Metro-West had more cows than
people. Also truth is today, I am hard pressed to have 5 presets on my AM
car radio....after WBZ, WRKO and WEEI there isn't much to choose from ( my
other 2 are WJIB and Radio Disney)