Re: Live too close to "The Eagle" Yes/No?

I work in Peabody, MA.  about 3/4 mile from WEGQ.

While I do work in a metal building, I have not heard of any problems with
the hundreds of pc speakers we have here (mostly Gateway), but it raises
havoc with my oscilloscope and other test equipment.  However, you can try
just plugging in a standard headphone in the PC speaker jack, just to make
sure it is not coming from the PC itself.  Keep the speaker leads as short
as possible, and put the ferrite bead as close to the speaker itself as you
can.  Put one on the AC power supply too.  Try shielded cables if you can
find a proper replacement.

As a last resort, Boston Acoustics just moved to a new factory even closer
to the Eagle than we are.  Try one of their speakers (no, I don't work for
them)

Not sure about consumer goods, but equipment I'm working with (CT scanners)
are tested to 3V / meter.

Paul Bacchiocchi
Test Engineer
Analogic Corporation