Bob Katzen, WMRE

Still no word yet on who will officially get the
11 pm to 1 am slot on WRKO. It was said that Andy
Moes would probably get it, but no announcement has
come from the station, and I wonder if they just plan
to use different hosts for now until they can find a
permanent host.

For 8 straight weeknights, Bob Katzen has been on (he
should be on again tonight). Bob used to do a show on
the old WMRE (1510) around 1986 or '87, and he later turned up as one
of the famed "Governors" meeting on Jerry Williams' WRKO show, every
Tuesday afternoon. I think he's still involved with a publication
called Beacon Hill Roll Call, and of course he's billed on WRKO as
"America's Favorite Fill-in Talk Show Host".

While Andy Moes would be a good fit for that open
slot, I'd wouldn't mind seeing Katzen there-- if WRKO
should pick him, and if his schedule should allow it
(he could probably still do Beacon Hill Roll Call).
Bob has an easygoing manner and a good sense of humor.

Any memories of that old WMRE lineup from a dozen
years ago, which included Katzen, Morgan White Jr.,
Marcia Masters, Paul Benzaquin, et al? I remember
attending the "going-away party" for WMRE when the
station went off-air; it was held at a now defunct
restaurant called the Breakfast Club (corner of
Brookline Ave. and Boylston St.). Met Bob there...
nice guy.