Gotta love Joyce..

Great piece by Bella English in the Living section of the Globe today
about WBZ TV Ent. Rep. Joyce Kulhawick and her boundless survival story
(3 battles with cancer).  The story says that she's been honorary
chairwoman of the ACS's Daffodil Days fund-raising drive.

A very telling bit is that AFTER Joyce's initial battle with cancer in
1979 , WBZ TV hires her and provides her with "retroactive health
insurance to cover her surgery, and promoted her to arts reporter."
This line stopped me short and made me wonder how many businesses today
would go that extra mile for an employee, particularly in this industry
where maximum hours - short of full-time benefits - seems to be the
rule, not the exception.

Bill O'Neill