My take on WSRD

(When responding to this e-mail, please send to radio23@hotmail.com, and not
the address above).

Well, it's official.  WSRD has moved to Altamont and become modern AC from
satellite oldies.  What is my take on this?  Well, I think it was an
excellent move.  WSRD has been one of the worst-sounding satellite stations
I've ever heard.  They ran the same liner over and over saying "Oldies 105,
WSRD", and then a jingle singing "Good time rock and roll".  One other I.D.
they ran was a little odd, saying "You're tuned to WIZR, 930 AM, and to
WSRD, 105 FM, Johnstown, Albany, and Utica, N.Y."  Even more to my disgust
is how they would go to the weather right in the middle of a song in the
satellite feed.  Yuck! (and they wonder why no one listened)

If WSRD had stayed in Johnstown, what would have become of it?  Nothing,
probably.  It is clear that the winner in Fulton county is not WSRD, but
WENT (AM 1340).  Not only is this station live all the time, they sound
great!  70's AC with great news coverage has made this a must listen when in
the western parts of this market.
I guess no one can complain about Fulton county losing a station, as it
didn't lose much with WSRD moving out.

Anyone from Albany or elsewhere care to give some opinions on the old
satellite WSRD?  I should add that I might liked to have seen WSRD become a
simulcast of WENT, but that certainly won't happen now.

Gavin Burt
radio23@hotmail.com