Re: satellite failure

At 10:30 AM 3/12/99 EDT, Brouder@grolen.com wrote:
>It was shades of last fall this morning when General Electric's G3
>satellite went out of control, killing AP's satellite distributed
>services.  All of New Hampshire's AP radio subscribers were directed to
>a web site to get news feeds.

I guess this goes to show how fragile technology is, and how dependent on
it we have become.  Many bird-fed stations are either unattended a good
part of the time and/or have no other source for programming left in place.

I shudder to think of how totally automated stations (especially those with
no fulltime engineer) will cope with Y2K.  A lot of automation systems are
run off 486's.