Re: Birthday Games

At 04:10 PM 3/10/99 -0800, Mark Shneyder wrote:

>> I think when the dust settles,  WBMX will when this one. Just by
>> the nature of the TV buy that they have going, and Matty's sometimes
>> negative and sloppy execution of the contest on the air.
>
>I agree with J.J. WBMX feels Kiss can be had and they're going for it.
>Good radio war in the works....

I agree that Kiss is very complacent-sounding, and can be beaten, but I'm
not sure WBMX can do it.  Musically, they're much narrower and play a lot
of marginal stuff, more of a AAA-lite than a serious contender to a
heritage CHR. WBMX sounds like they're destined to remain in the middle of
the pack.  Kiss seems to take them seriously, though...they seem to play a
lot of modern AC-ish stuff that wasn't tremendously big outside of the
modern AC circles.