RE: 105.7 WROR Palying the Hits of the 60's and 70's

Bob and Lou,
I agree that Barry has swayed to the 80's.  He does play a song or two from the 60's that he calls a "lost 45 hall of famer."  One radio show that digs into the lost hits of the 60's is Ron Dwyer's 2:00-6:00 Saturday afternoon show on 95.9 WATD.  The signal is not great up here; but if you can manage to hear it, the songs are worth it to hear again on the radio.  For example, he pulled out a local hit from Hamilton Camp called "Here's To You," for which only he and Barry would have the vinyl.  I take it WMEX made it a hit locally even though it hit #70-something nationally.

Seemed like Barry's show had played a lot of "lost 45s"
from the 70s, and more recently it's been more and
more lost 45s from the 80s. I'd like to hear him
do more lost 45s from the 60s...more "records you
NEVER thought you'd hear on the radio" again.

By the way, when Eagle 93.7 first started doing
"hits of the 70s" they were very strict about only
doing songs that were actually released in the 70s.
But there were some "loophole" songs, like the Beatles'
"Got to Get You Into My Life". Mid-60s, right? Well,
yes and no...it became a hit when it was put out as
a single in the mid-70s...thus it did qualify.

If they did indeed play "Honky Tonk Women" they
could conceivably get around it by saying that the
song wound up on one of the Stones' best of albums,
like "Hot Rocks", that was PUT OUT in the early
70s...