Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 3/5: We Will Never Make Fun of Boston Weather Again...

At 08:26 AM 3/7/99 -0500, Rob Landry wrote:
 :
> However, college station programmers often make
>the mistake of thinking they can reach several different audiences, each
>of which has fairly narrow tastes, by dividing the station's broadcast day
>or week into uncoordinated segments, each of which targets a different
>audience. That doesn't work; such formats effectively target only members
>of one audience which also belong to all the others.

So, you are saying that WERS doesn't work?  Such a format probably would
have a problem in a small town/ limited coverage situation, but ther are
many such stations working in many cities.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH