Re: WNRB, One-on-One

<<One-on-One's operation shows signs of imploding...>>

That would be a shame. For a non-parochial sports fan -- of which there
are precious few in Boston, unfortunately -- One-on-One's wide-ranging
and knowledgeable hosts were a welcome change from the
Mo-Roger-Mo-Roger-Antoine-Mo-Mo-Roger-Antoine monotony of 'EEI and the
Ewing-Ewing-Ewing-Rangers-Ewing-Ewing-Mets-Ewing-Roger drumbeat of WFAN.

ESPN Radio is OK, I guess, but Tony Kornheiser is the only host I really
make a point of listening to. There's also too much self-promotion. Case
in point: Driving home from a shopping trip Saturday night, I heard 10
minutes of ESPN on WTIC. The topics for those 10 spellbinding minutes:
ESPN's lunchroom in Briston (It stinks, but Disney's building a nice new
one.) and the ESPN Store concept (You can buy all sorts of great ESPN
gear in LA, but not in Bristol. Maybe Disney will build a store
here...). It's getting to be like the SportsCenter ads -- these guys are
convinced that everybody is fascinated by the most minute details of
life at ESPN. Are we? I miss One-on-One already.

Of course, hearing the WEEI guys talk about Entercom might be a good
listen:)

Howard