Re: WNRB wins Pats show from WEEI

At 03:58 PM 2/28/99 -0800, you wrote:

>The greedy Kraft family also wins Nobel Prize for stupidity. One-On-One
>operation is showing the signs of imploding at any moment. 1-on-1 just
>sold their Chicago signal to Radio Unica and is down to three O+O
>stations,
>including 'NRB. They could've pitched the Bledsoe/Carrol shows to
>Infinity stations such as 'BCN or 'ZLX. 'BCN already has a working
>relationship with the Krafts. I am sure they could've arranged for
>some sort of a Patriots show on a Monday evening.

Unless, of course, the Krafts know something that we don't. Suppose that
One-on-One were dickering to sell WNRB to Disney. 'NRB would then become an
ESPN Radio affiliate. That would certainly alter the sports radio scene in
Boston and would make the Krafts' deal with WNRB sound much more sensible.

I think a WNRB sale is likely in the near future, but I'd put more money on
Unica being the buyer than I'd put on Disney. On the other hand, isn't Unica
likely to be the outfit behind the acquisition of WKOX? If so, and if Unica
is spending $14.5 million on 'KOX, maybe the wad appropriated for this
market is used up. Remember that Mega got _two_ Boston market stations for
only $9 million.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205