Re: "Greaseman" fired for racial remark

I am not sure if it will be a CBS station but he'll probably land
somewhere. Shock jocks tend to resurface rather quickly after
being fired for their own stupidity and ignorance.

Take 'RKO's Jeff Katz for instance. In August '96, he gets fired from
Sacramento's KSTE for "joking" that motorists should be awarded
a sombrero-shaped bumper sticker for every illegal immigrant hit
while attempting to cross the border from Mexico, and for every 10
bumper stickers motorists could win a free drink at Taco Bell. In
September '98, he's already auditioning for a PM-drive job at CBS'
KPIX 95.7FM/AM 1550(Eventually, KPIX's management opts to go
with syndicated Leykis). In November/December, he's in Boston,
auditioning for the night-time gig at 'RKO which he lands.
In January '98, he gets a 3-year deal  to do mornings at 'RKO.

As far as Opie+Anthony go, their on-the-air antics are
about to get even more exposure. According to published reports in
Newsday, CBS is seriously considering flipping K-rock(WXRK)
to its syndicated 'Extreme Radio' talk format and moving O+A from
'NEW(Stern in the morning, O+A in the afternoons). At the same time,
K-rock's modern rock format which is getting pretty decent ratings
will take up residence at 102.7FM.

- -Mark