Re: Microradio story

> << With all this talk about licensing low-power FMs, I would think
that in
>  a lot of places, there might be more band space for low-power AMs.
>  The engineering details I leave to others, but it might give more
people
>  a reason to listen to the AM band. >>

The fear I have of opening the "gate" for "LP-Micro Broadcasters" is my
memory of what happenned to CB radio oin years past.

It became totally unmanageable....with no way for the FCC to keep tabs
on the band.
Anyone who could afford to be on the air WAS.

Hundred of people bought their RS CB and and created bedlam...with no
understanding of FCC regs...or even common courtesy..in this finite
supply of spectrum.

The CB band became unusable for any kind of communication due to the
number of "Big Daddy's" out there....running linear amps and had no
concern for how their behavior affected others.  Nor were they even
aware that there were FCC regulations (i.e. laws) governing their
operation.

For some reason, CB-ers, with very large ego's and little understanding
of the 'overall picture' were so concerned with any impediment to THEIR
right gab...reminds me of the retoric I am hearing today about, so
called, microbroadcasting...

Just my $.02...