Re: The Big Ape WAPE 95.1 Strange Contest

At 09:00 PM 2/21/99 -0500, Sandra Gitschier wrote:
>Hi List,
>
>Heard a strange contest today on our local CHR WAPE in Jacksonville, FL.
>
>Send them a fully clothed photo of yourself and a reason why you would
>like a, a, um, b.. reast augmentation and you could get it done free. I
>suppose they're out to improve thier female demos. The Contest is open
>to ladies 21 or older. What do the men get?? Nada.
>
>Has anyone heard of such a contest before??

As the song goes, it's all been done before.  I think I have an aircheck of
a Tampa station, circa mid 80s doing something like this.  I've read about
similar contests in R&R on several occasions.

I've heard of stations (usually AOR) give away a vasectomy provided the
winner allows it to be done on the air (kind of loses a bit of impact on
the radio, but hey..theatre of the mind) so the men aren't entirely left
out.