Re: WPKQ

At 05:54 PM 2/21/99 EST, Dib9@aol.com wrote:
>I have noticed three times in the last week that WPKQ's stopsets have run
long
>and joined WOKQ's music in progress.  Has anyone else noticed this?  I assume
>they use some kind of hard drive system to run separate spots on 103.7,
and it
>is has always worked well but something is wrong lately.

Haven't noticed this myself (not a big country music fan), but my theory is
that there's someone new doing traffic, and isn't matching the stopsets
properly.  The station I work for is a simulcast that splits away for some
stopsets, and when I do the music/traffic merge I have to check that
stopsets aren't longer on the slave system than on the master.  Happens
occasionally on weekend logs when our traffic person is rushed (sales
making a zillion last-minute log changes on Friday afternoon?  Perish the
thought!).