Re: Tacky Awards ( February 1998)

Bill O'Neill wrote:

> Isn't the production concept intellectual property of VW &/or its
> agents?  I LIKE the Jordan's spots.  ("Nice couch" is hysterical).  The
> VW spot shows the guys actually IN as VW.  For me, it might even sell
> more cars for the automaker in a good VW market!  Maybe even more than
> the "smelly chair" spot VW had run.  It's a Jordan's spot waiting to
> happen:  Barry and Elliot in a Jetta.  Stop to rescue chair on the side
> of the road.  Return to the same spot driving a Jordan's truck with a
> brand new chair.  (Hey, why not?)
>
> Bill O'Neill

I recently had someone comment to me that the Jordan's "Swing" spot was
"really cool"... She had never seen the original GAP commercial, which got
almost no airplay in comparison.

"Your car is being towed" is also great.

Tony

- --
Tony Abruzzese                e-mail: abruzzese@med-biochem.bu.edu
Network Administrator                      Biochemistry Department
            Boston University School of Medicine
Telephone:617.638.5092                            Fax:617.638.5339

- --WebTV-Mail-423558172-185--