Pronunciation

I've brought up pronunciation here before, giving
examples of mispronunciation by people like Pat
Whitley (who pronounces "Rowley" as "RAW-lee", for
example).

A couple of other examples from WRKO's Howie Carr--
he pronounces "Illinois" and "Wisconsin" as
"EL-len-noy" and "WES-con-sin", respectively...

Also, I'm curious--was there ever a time where a
certain actor-turned-politician had his last name
pronounced "REE-gun"? I've seen and heard it
said that way on such things as an old episode of
"Laugh In", a Stan Freberg album, and a Phil Ochs
spoken intro to a song. Unless they had it wrong,
I find it odd that at one point people just started
saying his last name as "RAY-gun". (I'm 37, so I'm
not really sure how it was pronounced in the old days
other than in the examples I gave.)