Re: Tacky Awards ( February 199NINE)

<<On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:55:48 -0500 (EST), Kevin Vahey <kvahey@channel1.com> said:

>   I can't figure out what is going on here. just a few weeks ago they had
> to pull an ad that Levi's said was a direct ripoff

They didn't *have* to pull the spot.  They could well have let Levi's
take them to court over it.  However, I'm certain they decided rather
quickly that it wasn't worth the legal expense for them.  (And don't
forget how much free media they got as a result of Levi's complaint.
In cases like these, the free media is often worth more than what they
lost on producing the spot in the first place.)

- -GAWollman

- --