Re: Tacky Awards ( February 1998)

I haven't seen the VW or the Jordan's spots referred to, but it could be
that Jordan's is simply using production music.  I hear music beds all
the time that we've used for local clients.  Any other production shop or
station which subscribes to the same service is free to use that music in
its market area, too.

Ed Brouder
Man From Mars Productions
http://www.manfrommars.com

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:25:38 -0500 "Kevin Vahey" <kvahey@channel1.com>
writes:
>....Runner up award goes to Jordan's Furniture, who have ripped off a
clever VW
>ad ( the one with the couple driving thru New Orleans)....same music,
same
>punchline. I can't believe their legal department cleared it.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]