Re: WCAP "Mega" vitamin

Mark Watson writes:
Costa's other station,WCCM is running
>bird feed business news/talk at night,breaking away for occasional
local
>High School or Merrimack College sports.CCM does have some Spanish
>programming on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. One thing is
certain,Mega
>will definitely keep the Lawrence TX on24/7!! And a Lawrence main
studio
>location is something that wouldn't surprise me.

Another fall-out is I think WCCM's mostly English language is more
certain now, given the dearth of such in the Merrimack Valley.  WCCM has
been unsuccessful in grabbing Lowell listeners.  Maybe they have a
bigger shot now, given their decent day signal and deep roots.

I doubt Mega would want to hang onto Doubletree's studios, and perhaps
feeling is mutual.  Unless they still have hopes of grabbing WCAP in the
future, then a Lowell base would make sense.  I think Scott's NERW
observation is solid in that WCAP's Maurice Cohen is in a lot less of a
hurry to _really_ sell than most would be insiders may lead you to
believe.  If I'm wrong, the first round of calibacitas lancha is on me.

Bill O'Neill