Re: Hour long 6PM newscast...

Channel 8 in New Haven, longtime adversary of WFSB for news, went to an hour long
newscast as well once it was shown that it worked for Channel 3.  Both stations
switched back to the half-hour format at about the same time, but I'm unsure which
station did it first.  I think that the other major Hartford station, Channel 30,
stayed with the half-hour format.  I guess they figured since they always came in
third anyway, it would make more sense to make the cash with that extra gameshow
rerun at 7PM.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks