Re: Article on WYAR

Dib9@aol.com said:

> The point made in the article was that one man's view of what constitutes "The
> American Musical Heritage" might not be any more enlightening than a corporate
> programmed station.  As noted in the article, the station plays only the
> owners favorite music from the 30's-50's, which happens to be popular music
> from the time by white artists.  Much of "The American Musical Heritage" from
> the time period is ignored.  The station is one man's jukebox for six hours a
> day.  The article does not say that this is not a good idea, but it implies
> it.  The station is only on the air from 7am-1pm and does not cover local
> news, local sports, ect.

 Give it a break dan...he plays what he has lying around the house. He
said himself that he was planning on going out and looking for records
from black artists. ALso...the man has a life outside of his radio
station. He can't deovte 24/7 to this thing. I just hope he plans on
letting others use his hard-won spot on the dial so he can improve
service.>

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak