Re: Speaking of WLLH...

At 08:25 PM 1/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
>                                                             Last time I
>was in Lawrence ,which was last Saturday morning,the Lawrence TX was
>on.Also,a couple of weeks back I was passing through the Lawrence area on
>Rte.495 and heard the Lawrence TX on then also.Possible that there may have
>been TX problems back in Oct.???

I have a feeling that WLLH may still be planning to shut down the Lawrence
TX. I saw an application for a power increase for Lowell in the FCC actions
about a week ago. Now, at the Kodis site, the power of both TXs is listed as
1 kW. However, the Lowell stick, despite using a 90-degree antenna, is
listed as having minimum efficiency for a Class C station. This suggests
that WLLH is using a series resistor to limit the signal strength. If they
remove the resistor, the effective power of the Lowell stick will increase
by about 40%. That change might allow shutting down Lawrence at least during
daytime hours. The Lawrence stick would probably still be necessary to get a
decent signal into Lawrence and the nearby towns at night.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205